ERP for Chemical Industry
Chemical companies have to work within a very strict business environment and ecological laws while investing immensely in environmental engineering, waste disposal management, fire hazards and industrial safety standards. Moreover there is stiff global competition for large manufacturers. Companies need to get the best out of their processes with the least investment to maintain profitability and market share.
To achieve these objectives, many chemical companies implement ERP Software which integrates and automates their processes thus reducing the cost and increasing the efficiency manifold. The problems faced by chemical companies are similar to any other process manufacturers but in addition to that chemical manufacturers have some unique requirements like:
- Regulatory Compliance (MSDS, etc.)
- Co-Products, By-Products & Recycling
- Special Characters Support
- Active Formula Adjustment
- Research and Development
- Lot History
- Shelf Life
- Multiple Units of Measurement
ebizframe ERP for Chemicals Industry is an extremely evolved and mature ERP System that has been recognised for being extremely effective for the erp software for chemicals industry:
Types of Processes
This is normally a simple process like only mixing of chemicals as per formulae. In such cases there are no reactions, no change in quantities and generally there is no by-product.
Here the chemicals are put together in a given ratio and pre-defined processes actually undergo chemical reactions resulting in the change of the character of the output totally, e.g. liquids undergoing a chemical reaction to transform to solids. The final manufactured quantity may not simply be a total of two or three ingredients but may be less or more by volume, though not in weight. There would be by-products too. The reaction being complex, the output may not be as per the inputs and as the batch goes through a series of QC tests, certain chemicals may be added during the process to get the right output. Batch Yield Reports are typically a critical requirement in this type of production. The change in yield during a chemical process can result in a significant change in the batch cost.
ebizframe ERP Solution for Chemicals handles batch production based discreet manufacturing chemical industry successfully. It can also handle continuous process industry that produces in batches but process in continuous, i.e. input from one end of the production line comes out directly as a finished production, with no work in process separation or recording possible in between various processes e.g. Plastic Sheets Production.
Sometimes there is a mix of continuous process and batch production also, like in Milk powder and Edible oils. These too can be handled but with a little customization in ebizframe ERP for Chemicals. In such processes, the data is generally captured through PLC machines and this can then be imported into the ERP System easily.
One can define the Bill of Materials (generally called ‘recipe’ in chemical pharmacy parlance) for a production batch. But, the input quantities can change based on potency or purity of the raw materials. Thus, input of an acid in a batch of 10kg may be 200 ml for 98% purity. If the available stock is of 96% purity, this quantity will change to, say 210 ml. Therefore, the Issue Slip needs to be flexible to allow this.
Critical Features of ebizframe ERP for Chemical Industry:
- Flexible creation of QC parameters for raw materials, WIP, SF Goods and Finished Goods, with possibility of defining upper/lower limits of any spec. and flagging for a mandatory parameter that may result in stopping a batch based on that critical spec.
- Pre-process, in-process and post-process Quality Control Testing.
- Possibility of manual entry or interface with lab equipment.
- Printing of QC Analysis Reports in required formats of different statutory authorities.
- Upload or attaching of independent third party lab reports with an item or product for submission at a relevant stage.
- Attaching or embedding SOPs for different processes for cGMP support.
- Availability of analytical reports to cater to different needs.
- Full regulatory support including EC Numbers (EINECS/ELINCS), MSDS Printing, etc.
- SARA, Bioterrorism Act and other regulatory reporting, as well as support for in-house EHS programs.
- Category based Specific pricing
- Advanced Forecasting, with transfer of forecasts to Sales Orders.
- Sales Templates for rapid Customer Service response
- Pricing flexibility with customer/category or product/quantity/revenue based options
- Credit limit controls
- Product/Batch wise or customer wise profitability
- Incentive schemes in case of marketing schemes, etc.
- Export Documentation
- Vendor approval mechanism
- Vendor Contract pricing and tracking.
- Rejection tracking
- Vendor assessment on various parameters
- Comprehensive and effective Inventory Management.
- Quarantined, Rejected, Re-workable stocks control.
- Consistent and coherent Lot Tracking System with product recall and explosion capabilities.
- Lot Attributes - Internal lot no, supplier lot no, receipt date, quarantine date, QC results.
- Batch tracking including expiry, destruction or renewal of expired stocks.
- Numerous Lot Picking Strategies.
- Formula Management system with comprehensive Bill of Materials functionality that provides flexible packaging alternatives, with support for Private Label Manufacturing.
- Batch costing
- Batch yield
- Proper Co-products and By-products Management
- Advanced Costing decision support: 'What - if' costing,
- Productivity, utilization and yield
- Statutory requirements
- R&D project budget and cost tracking and materials consumption tracking
- Plant maintenance – preventive and breakdown
- In-house or third party maintenance
- Calibrations- Equipment maintenance
- Certification of some equipment may be statutory in a few cases, need to store or attach those test reports.
- Repair cost
- Breakdown reports
- Spares inventory
ebizframe ERP for Chemical Industry supports chemical manufacturers to efficiently manage pre-set formulations, quality controls, customer management, production and financial reporting. It is an easy and effective solution for any range of chemical company irrespective of their size or volume.
Our experienced team combine their 20 years of experience of working with chemical industries bring technology upgrade to optimize operations across your entire organization by connecting all areas of your business. Improved Business Insight - Retrieve, view and analyse important business information from one centralized location. Allow your decision makers to find solutions immediately with confidence and drive business success. Intuitive Interface - Access your customers, products, suppliers and enterprise level information from a single data dashboard. Transform Your Business – ebizframe ERP System for Chemical Industry equips you with the tools to react rapidly and cost effectively to changing market, business and industry conditions.