6 Reasons for the Popularity of Open Source ERP
Uses of Open Source ERP and Its Functionality
The popularity of open-source ERP is rising because of its many benefits which it provides as compared to the commercial ERP. Advantages arrive from its communal intelligence. The needed upgrades in Open ERP can be performed by any developer irrespective of the business affiliation and finances. Top ERP solves issues like forceful version upgrades, costly licensing fees, high maintenance prices, and others. It is more flexible, and thus preferred in most of the organizations nowadays. This concept has been for to do with the license fees, and this could be one of the reasons for ERP’s wide acceptance.
Here are some reasons that you would find for the popularity of top 10 Open Source ERP software in modern business days:
- Minimized costs– Implementation of the Enterprise Resource Planning system needs a lot of time and investment. A good budget is required and kept aside for the implementation of ERP. With open source ERP, these prices have significantly reduced. These kinds of software don’t produce hefty license fees to be paid and one can easily get source code of the software. Since codes are easily available, modifications become easier.
- Less Dependence on Vendor– This is another reason for the popularity of Open Source ERP as the vendor dependence gets reduced. As the source codes of the software are easily available which makes it easy for the organization. The developer can make the essential modifications and alterations needed on own without depending on the vendor. The source code acts as a guide to the company when it comes to software and it minimizes the clashes between the vendor and the company.
- Ease of Use–Open Source ERP technology can easily be used and understood. It manages the functionalities easily thereby making it easy for the small and medium companies to implement ERP. It is also useful for people who are from the same industries.
- Flexibility– The popularity of ERP has increased due to its flexibility. Open source ERP gets it possible to choose the ERP codes according to the requirements for partial application.
- No Training Required– No formal training is needed for running the best ERP software application. It can be easily understood and learned while working else with many orientation programs. It is comparatively easy and so needs no formal training. This is one reason to make ERP popular.
- Security– It does not need taking everything under the public domain making it less risky.
Why ERP Software’s Popularity is Increasing Day by day
ERP software’s popularity has mainly increased because the small and medium firms were not able to have enough money the traditional ERP software asks for. Because of its cost advantage, these organizations can now easily download it from the internet. It does not take as long as the traditional ERP to implement too. Top ERP software brings no delays due to minimum vendor dependence and the application can be modified by the company itself. One does not have to hire a big team to account for the implementation or to administer it. These are the reasons which make this ERP popular in the market.